5 Reasons To Hire an Interior Designer
Your home is a valuable asset. When updating your space, consider making the decision to hire an interior designer to ensure your valuable asset is renovated and decorated properly. An interior designer has knowledge and resources that far surpass that of a typical homeowner. Their ideas, connections, and experience can not only help you save money during an update or renovation, but can help you update a space in a stylish and flawless manner. The following five reasons for hiring an interior designer will help you make the decision for your next home update or renovation.
1. Budgeting and Saving Money – Interior designers help you stay on budget and actually save money during a large renovation or project. Hiring an interior designer can save money by helping you avoid costly mistakes throughout the process. If you purchase furniture or make contracting decisions that don’t end up working well in the long run, a lot of money can be wasted. Avoid making these mistakes by hiring a knowledgeable, honest interior designer to help you through the renovating or decorating process. Not only can this save you money during the updating process, but increase the value of your home.
2. Planning and Executing – Because interior designers often work with contractors, they can ensure details and plans are being taken care of properly and in a timely matter. Interior designers give clients a professional assessment of the project, make suggestions, and ask important questions to help execute the plan.
3. Access to Resources – An interior designer can save homeowners tons of time sifting through resources for materials and furniture. Rather than researching prices and best options, designers already have that information on hand and can make intelligent suggestions based on the client’s need. In the case of a complete renovation, interior designers can often give referrals for best contractors, electricians, and other handymen as needed. This saves clients the headache of researching and hiring reliable help for the job.
4. DIY Isn’t Always the Best Route – For small décor and crafts, DIY can be a fun weekend project. For large projects, furniture, and renovations, DIY can be a major risk. It’s important to have a professional opinion before making major DIY purchases or changes to your home. In many cases, DIY is thought to be more affordable, however the risk of making mistakes, damaging the home, or creating a project and not liking the outcome can be an expensive mistake. An interior designer will help make suggestions and provide valuable advice during a project, no need to do it all yourself.
5. Trained Eye and Unique Taste – Interior designers have experience with colors, textures, unique spaces, and areas. Hiring an interior designer brings a third party into a project to provide expert design and decorating tips and unique styling and color tastes. An interior designer may suggest colors and patterns homeowners wouldn’t normally choose, but will make a statement in the home. Working with a designer is a great way to ensure your renovation, space upgrade, or design project turns out as good or better than you envisioned.
For expert interior design services you can trust, contact Phelan’s in Cedar Rapids. Phelan’s team of interior designers will help you choose the best products, manage your home renovation, and is an exclusive regional representative of large manufacturers.
Begin your renovation process today by contacting a Phelan’s interior designer at (319) 363-9634 or stop by our showroom on the corner of 8th Street and Third Avenue in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.